shlwapi 405/406

Jon Griffiths jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 07:42:47 CDT 2003

Hiya,

> Is there any reason for changing the calling convention of these
> two functions?

Yes, they are called more than once in the file, so stdcall produces
smaller code (no need to duplicate the argument stack pops).
Similarly any function thats only called once can be explicitly
inlined for smaller code.

> Should this not be #define szResLen (sizeof(szRes)/sizeof(WCHAR) -
> 1) ?

If you want to use -1, I think that should then be

((sizeof(szRes)-1)/sizeof(WCHAR))

Since WCHARS are 2 bytes, not 1. The existing calculation looks right
to me, am I missing something?

Cheers,
Jon

=====
"Don't wait for the seas to part, or messiahs to come;
 Don't you sit around and waste this chance..." - Live

jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com