Script to compile Wine programs on Windows

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Mon Sep 29 13:39:07 CDT 2003

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dimi at> writes:

> All that to avoid a dummy file?!? But anyway, you did not answer
> my question :) Can you describe what you have in mind, like giving
> an example of how you want to handle it, so I can better understand
> where you're comming from?

To take comctl32 as an example:

# in Makefile

RCBINARIES = idb_std_large.bmp idb_view_small.bmp idb_view_large.bmp
RCBINSRC = rsrc.rc

# in Make.rules

	bin2res -o $@ $(SRCDIR)/$(RCBINSRC)

We need a way for bin2res to extract a single file for this to work
right. And yes, it only works if all the binaries are in a single rc
file which happens to be the main rc file, otherwise you need to write
multiple rules manually. I don't see how using intermediate files is
going to make this any better.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at