uxtheme.dll

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Tue Sep 30 01:21:45 CDT 2003

I hope you know what you will begin with. (For the ones that don't know
uxtheme.dll is the dll that takes care of all theming on WinXP and it is the dll
that dlls like comctl32 and all others use for theming)

Some time ago I checked out uxtheme.dll a bit and it seems that it needs
changes all over Wine. As I understand it WinXP ships with two sets of
comctl32.dll and friends. One is the "old" version and one is a new uxtheme aware
version. The uxtheme aware version contains lots of changes and uses uxtheme for
theming. To use uxtheme you need to add uxtheme support to the dlls that need
it which looks like a huge job. Perhaps this is something post Wine-1.0?

Roderick Colenbrander