Developer's path to Windows/*NIX multi-platform?

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri Apr 2 06:35:05 CST 2004

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, Uwe Bonnes wrote:
[...]
>     Mike> WineLib is a great way to do this. Pure WineLib apps will not feel
>     Mike> native, because you're using a clone of the win32 widget set -
>
> Is Motif Look and Feel "native", is XAW "native"?
> Winelib is a Library like any other, also with some strange concepts...

Is 'C:\My Documents' native?

No.

Wine/WineLib is more than just a GUI toolkit. Sure with WineLib you
might be able to hide the Windows drive letters but we don't have that
kind of code yet.

And yes, a Gnome/KDE user may not consider Motif, Xaw and especially
Athena applications to be native because they don't look like the
others. The same would be true of a Wine application... at least until
uxtheme is more advanced (uxtheme has the potential to make pretty nice
eye candy, btw).

         Demander si un ordinateur peut penser revient \xE0 demander
                         si un sous-marin peut nager.