Developer's path to Windows/*NIX multi-platform?

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Fri Apr 2 12:24:39 CST 2004

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 14:54:30 +0000, greensh at knology.net wrote:
> Well not to start a KDE vs Gnome debate, but Gnome is way behind KDE
> development...

hehe, hint, that's not a good way to "not start a KDE vs GNOME debate"

> it doesn't even support Superkaramba (last I checked).

SuperKaramba is KDE specific by the way it's coded. There is an equivalent
in the form of GDesklets, and works much the same way.

> You only pay licensing if your Qt app is commercial.

... or runs on Windows ...

> The free version is  perfect for opensource (ie GPL software) hence

... unless you want a non-X11 port ...

> It requires too many code changes (at least in Python) for easy
> cross-compiling. In Qt you simply generate a .pro file for the platform.

Since when does Python require cross compiling?

I think I was just trolled....