DDraw issues, etc.

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sun Apr 4 09:17:29 CDT 2004

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004, Tim Hentenaar wrote:
[...]
> I'm also looking at some of the wave driver stuff. WineX's wave driver
> (at least the OSS driver) does the sound for the game perfectly
> whereas Wine's wave output sounds rather odd, crackling, and it seems
> not to flush the buffer properly. :P

Do you have an i810 sound card by any chance?

I'm asking this because there are known problems with sound on i810
soundcards, especially if you are using the Alsa drivers.

It seems to be caused by a kernel bug which is triggered by the
full-duplex mode:

http://crossover.codeweavers.com/pipermail/discuss/2003-December/005653.html

Do you use the Linux Alsa sound drivers in OSS emulation mode, or
do you use the kernel OSS sound driver?

                  Hiroshima '45 - Czernobyl '86 - Windows '95