WININET: move to Windows sockets

Juan Lang juan_lang at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 5 16:38:21 CDT 2004

Hans wrote:
> On Monday 05 April 2004 19:24, Alexandre Julliard
> wrote:
> > There's no real reason that we cannot use Unix
> > sockets on Unix and Windows socket on Reactos with
> > the same code, it just needs a bit of header
magic;
> > and this will be useful for Winelib apps too.
>
> Hmm, I'd like to agree with that.

I'd be rather nervous about the mixing of OpenSSL with
the use of Winsock, at least as is.  OpenSSL is itself
using socket read/write calls, and it expects them to
be the correct ones:  in particular, the UNIX ones.

I believe the only way to do this correctly is to
write a new OpenSSL BIO that uses the same
read/write/open/close calls as the rest of
netconnection.c, and this can be combined with the
aforementioned header magic to get what you're after.
Copying and pasting an existing OpenSSL BIO would
probably suffice.

--Juan