WININET: move to Windows sockets

Geoff Thorpe geoff at geoffthorpe.net
Mon Apr 5 19:30:21 CDT 2004

On April 5, 2004 05:38 pm, Juan Lang wrote:
> I'd be rather nervous about the mixing of OpenSSL with
> the use of Winsock, at least as is.  OpenSSL is itself
> using socket read/write calls, and it expects them to
> be the correct ones:  in particular, the UNIX ones.
>
> I believe the only way to do this correctly is to
> write a new OpenSSL BIO that uses the same
> read/write/open/close calls as the rest of
> netconnection.c, and this can be combined with the
> aforementioned header magic to get what you're after.
> Copying and pasting an existing OpenSSL BIO would
> probably suffice.

Or we write our own BIO that wraps up whatever glue is desirable on the
wine-side. Worst-case (and it's not that bad an alternative) is that you
use a memory-base BIO to encapsulate all I/O and worry about moving data
to and from "sockets", whatever they look like, afterwards.

Cheers,
Geoff

--
Geoff Thorpe