Game support

James Perry jamesp at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Tue Apr 6 03:29:05 CDT 2004

>>1. MusicVR exits with this error:
>>
> Could you send me a +opengl trace of the problem ? Maybe the game is done
> some strange things (like doing a SwapBuffer without a rendering context set
> or stuff like that) which are OK on Windows and not on Linux.

I did the +opengl trace, but it comes to about 16MB! Is there
something specific you are looking for that I could grep for?

> As for your Dungeon Keeper II problem, see a recent thread for a hint to get
> it running (it seems you need to do 'wine X:\y\z\app.exe' for it to run -
> i.e. to give it a fully qualified path and not any relative path). At least
> it worked with Dungeon Keeper I (that reminds me I still have a patch to
> resend to AJ :-) ).

Thanks, it seems to get a bit further if I run it that way -
looks like it's drawing something and some mci fixmes come up
before it exits.

> Anyway, thanks for using Wine on games... It's nice to see some people are
> actually using that code :-)

Thank you for writing that code!

Cheers,
James