Window management thoughts

Mike Hearn mh at codeweavers.com
Tue Apr 6 10:42:48 CDT 2004

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 11:25:13 -0400, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> But this, I'm afraid, besides the point. This entire discussion assumes
> that the Win32 windows are mapped to X windows. If IIRC, Alexandre was
> saying that we need to switch back to the old ways, where we handle most
> of the windowing code. In which case I guess a lot of this will go away.

I should have clarified things a bit: as far as I know the WM rewrite is
about using X windows only for toplevel win32 windows, and not using X
child windows for win32 child windows. The managed/unmanaged thing is only
relevant to toplevel windows. So I think they are separate though it'd be
nice for Alexandre to clarify exactly what the WM rewrite will affect and
entail.

thanks -mike