CryptoAPI

Juan Lang juan_lang at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 13:05:03 CDT 2004

Hi Robert,

Robert wrote:
> It depends on which part you are trying to
implement.
> For the Certificate Store functions I would
recommend
> implementing the "OID support functions" first,

I was taking a look at implementing the certificate
store functions, and I was thinking (hoping?) I could
avoid the OID stuff.  Maybe I'm missing something, but
a cert will be stored in the registry in some
well-known format, and as long as Wine handles the
registry I/O bit, OpenSSL ought to be able to read the
certs, right?  So CertOpenStore/CertEnumStore et al
wouldn't need to do any asn.1 decoding, at least not
from the get-go.

What did I miss?
--Juan