ShellExecute IE compatibility problems

Martin Fuchs martin-fuchs at gmx.net
Fri Apr 9 03:42:31 CDT 2004

On 09.04.2004 02:03:37 Francois Gouget wrote:

> This patch fixes two IE compatibility problems.
>
> The first one is a mundane issue. IE calls ShellExecuteEx with a NULL
> verb. Our implementation fails when it should use some sophisticated
> algorithm described in the MSDN to choose a default verb. Well most of
> the time we just want 'open' anyway so that's what this patch does. I've
> left it as an exercise to the reader to head over to the MSDN and
> implement the series of fallbacks we're supposed to implement.

This is what SHELL_FindExecutable() tries to do when enumerating
the registry keys. What is wrong with that - doesn't this work for you?
I don't think we should go back and use "open" again if the verb
parameter is NULL. Please correct the current algorithm, if it's not
fully compliant.

Regards,

   Martin