wine native linux executable /

Arne Gellhaus arne at gellhaus.de
Fri Apr 9 04:58:18 CDT 2004

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

>On Thu, 8 Apr 2004, Arne Gellhaus wrote:
>

>>1. Is it possible to compile a native linux executable with winelib and
>>use winapi functions like LoadLibrary() and GetProcAddress()? I made my
>>buildsystem with winemaker.
>>

>Yes you can. This BW is a very good reason to have a Winelib application.

Is there some documentation available? I tried to compile my application
with g++ and linked it with winelib, but it segfaulted when it called
winapi functions. So the only way i got my program working was using
wineg++.

>>2. I tried to use Common C++ [1] in my winelib application. But because
>>of winelib/wineg++ (?) it assumes that it is running on windows and so
>>the compilation failed. Is it possible to use such portable frameworks
>>in a winelib application like in any other linux application?
>>

>Indeed, this is a tricky one. Yes, I would assume that the library will
>think it's being compiled on Windows, yes. Is that a problem for you?
>It should still run.

There are some missing types and some redefined types. I think this is
because Common C++ wasn`t written with wine in mind. Is there a way to
get this working without teaching Common C++ that it is possible to have
winapi on linux?

Arne Gellhaus