exec-shield workaround take 4

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Wed Apr 14 10:52:58 CDT 2004

Mike Hearn wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 18:44:45 +0900, Mike McCormack wrote:
>
>>Anybody have a FreeBSD machine to test this on?
>

> If it still uses syscalls surely that won't work on anything other than
> Linux?

It doesn't use syscalls any more, so it has a chance of working on some
other platform...

I'm mainly interested to see if the ELF interpreter can be loaded from
the currently directory or not... I guess if somebody is willing to test
it, then they'll have to change the name from ld-linux.so.2 to whatever
it is on their platform.

Mike