Visual FoxPro

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 16 19:00:41 CDT 2004

Hello Cecil,

--- Cecil Champenois <cecil at constdata.com> wrote:
> We would like to begin some development in Linux, but need to know
> where
> the WINE work stands at this time and what the future looks like.

I have heard a lot of good reports of FoxPro working with WINE but the
last major issue I heard was that Microsoft was restricting the
redistribution of the FoxPro runtime on Non-Microsoft platforms. It
seems they dont like people writting apps with thier tools for
non-windows platforms <g>. I cant find a link to this information
though so I could be mistaken or they may have amended the EULA to
allow this type of redistrabtution like in the case of MFC and ATL.

Thanks
Steven