Wine Directory Mapping sub-system

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at neenet.com
Mon Apr 19 23:36:59 CDT 2004

Hello All,

Is there some where that I can read docs that talk about the directory
mapping sub-system?

In particular, I am interested in the way that you can "map" user
directories in the configuration file in a users HOME directory.

What I am thinking about is how one might use this same idea to "Jail"
Linux user directories so that users cannot navigate out of their home
directory as a security feature.

Just playing with ideas, but I thought that the Wine sub-system might
offer a great feature for this in that applications could not do
anything even if they were to "Break" Out" as they would be going
through a translation layer just like  the Window applications but onlu
still being Linux applications.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks,
Lonnie