winetest: timeout & no consoles

Ferenc Wagner wferi at afavant.elte.hu
Tue Apr 20 04:15:13 CDT 2004

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

> On April 19, 2004 6:27 pm, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
>> - force a 2-minute timeout on individual tests.
>
> Nice. I hope it's not too short. Does dissect & gather
> correctly recognize (and reflect on the HTML page) these
> timeouts? I'd be nice (and important :)) to know about them.

The behaviour is the same as if the test had crashed.  The
timeout is not marked in the output now, although the info
is available in winetest.  It might be good to know that a
test may finish while the timeout dialog box is active; this
results another error trying to kill it.  The race window is
very narrow when not running in GUI mode.  Anyway, such a
test would come out successful.  It may be possible to solve
by treating 'access denied' from TerminateThread specially,
if that silly behaviour is general enough.
--
Feri.