RFH: winetest testing

Ferenc Wagner wferi at afavant.elte.hu
Tue Apr 20 16:32:56 CDT 2004

Eric Pouech <pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr> writes:

>>> 2. With the GUI, a shell is created (it should display
>>> debug traces ??) but I see only some weird caracters
>>> like "abcdf g" and one line : "tests/process.c: 6 tests
>>> executed, 0 marked as todo, 0 failures.??"
>>
>> That's expected.  Windows just can't do without this. :(
>
> I'd say it's part of kernel32 tests of console. a new
> console is created, and text printing is tested
> (especially line wrap around and the likes).

The second part, yes.  But winetest must have been made into
a console app, so it pops up a console when it starts.  The
console test would pop up a console anyway (we should hide
it), but if a console is already present it is used instead.

> We could perhaps print some information for unaware testers.

Sure, but some tests would better be fixed anyway.  Examples:

kernel32:file leaves a temp file behind
kernel32:pipe loops forever on Win9x/Me (not included in my
                                         version of winetest)
oleaut32:vartest takes too long to complete
user32:dialog tends to hose Win9x
user32:input  hangs

Thanks everybody for helping us testing this thing!  There
is more to come: a program running as a Windows service in
the background, downloading and running new versions of
winetest as they come out: WinRash!  Watch this place! :)
--
Feri.