RFH: winetest testing

Ferenc Wagner wferi at afavant.elte.hu
Wed Apr 21 17:07:37 CDT 2004

Eric Pouech <pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr> writes:

>> The second part, yes.  But winetest must have been made
>> into a console app, so it pops up a console when it
>> starts.
>
> why do you need a console?

Er, I don't know.  Winetest itself doesn't really need it,
but WinRash (the service) couldn't execute it otherwise.  We
don't understand this.  Apart from this, winetest has
console mode, when it doesn't display a gui but logs into
its console.  I couldn't find a way to presen gui or
console mode based on a command line option (I asked on
Win32 programmers' forum, the only solution was XP only.)

> either you don't care about the output to the console, or
> you do care but you've already redirected the output to a
> log file so, passing DETACHED_PROCESS in CreateProcess
> (winetest/main.c) would be a good thing IMO

The individual tests started by winetest don't pop up
additional consoles, and their output is redirected.  When
started from the service, winetest doesn't pop one up
either (of course).  If you can think of a better solution,
I'm all ears.
--
Feri.