RFH: winetest testing

Kevin Koltzau kevin at plop.org
Wed Apr 21 17:42:34 CDT 2004

On Wednesday 21 April 2004 06:07 pm, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
> Er, I don't know.  Winetest itself doesn't really need it,
> but WinRash (the service) couldn't execute it otherwise.  We
> don't understand this.  Apart from this, winetest has
> console mode, when it doesn't display a gui but logs into
> its console.  I couldn't find a way to presen gui or
> console mode based on a command line option (I asked on
> Win32 programmers' forum, the only solution was XP only.)

Something along these lines can be used to have a console app
"detach" from its console..not extremely elegant but it does seem to work

void main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
  if(argc < 2) {
    char buff[1024];
    STARTUPINFO si;
    PROCESS_INFORMATION pi;
    ZeroMemory(&si, sizeof(si));
    si.cb = sizeof(si);

    sprintf(buff, "%s /stage2", argv[0]);
    CreateProcess(NULL, buff, NULL, NULL, FALSE,
        DETACHED_PROCESS, NULL, NULL, &si, &pi);
    CloseHandle(pi.hProcess);
    CloseHandle(pi.hThread);
  }
  else
    MessageBox(NULL, "Test", "test", MB_OK);
}