Wine detect patch (ignore previous whitespace patch)

Jakob Eriksson jakov at vmlinux.org
Wed Apr 21 18:06:48 CDT 2004

Ferenc Wagner wrote:

>Jakob Eriksson <jakov at vmlinux.org> writes:
>

>>(Sorry about the linespace noise after print_version(),
>> emacs seems to change stuff behind my back when I save.)
>>

>Hi Jakob,
>
>You'd better educate Emacs about your ways, otherwise all
>your patches will be full of whitespace changes making them

Yes, I just fixed the problem. I know I should have done it before I
sent that patch, I was being lazy.
Sorry!

>very hard to review.  The indentation isn't consistent, but
>if you want to fix this, do so in a separate patch, please!

It's not _that_ important...  maybe I'll do it later. winetest is much
more consistent than
a lot of other stuff out there.

I must confess, I did it mostly to get a reaction from Alexandre. Now I
know.

But back to the winetest stuff:

>>+    if (running_on_wine ()) {  /* Make a an obvious signature for Wine */
>>+       ext = 1;
>>+
>>+       ver.dwMajorVersion = 1;
>>+       ver.dwMinorVersion = 1;
>>+       ver.dwBuildNumber  = 1;
>>+       ver.dwPlatformId   = 1;
>>+       strncpy (ver.szCSDVersion, wine, sizeof (wine));
>>+   }
>>+
>>

>I think we can do better.  A single line like
>       xprintf ("    bRunningUnderWine=%d\n", running_under_wine ());
>as the first line of print_version() would do a perfect job
>without masking anything else.

thanks, I'll resubmit a not dirty patch with that solution!

regards,
Jakob