Winetest: outstanding issues (USING)

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Apr 22 13:54:18 CDT 2004

Now for the second installment:

USING (Feri)
-----------------------
  A. winetest
	Winetest will have to support a new option
	  -B <filename>
	This will add a new section to the report,
	just before the test results, called "Build Info".
	The body of this section will be read from
	<filename>, with each time indented (say 4 spaces),
	and a blank line to end it (for neatness).

  B. Dissect & gather
	Need only recognize the "Build Info" section
	as optional, and ignore it for now. Maybe
	dissect should do that as a rule, ignore
	sections it doesn't understand. This way we can
	easily add more data in the future, without
	needing to constantly patch dissect. Such
	sections would have all lines indented, and
	would end with a blank line.

BTW Feri, can we indent the body of our current sections?
Would that break stuff? It would be nice to, would make
the report more readable. We should be more forgiving with
the parsing, like HTML is. The idea would be: "we should
look only for stuff that we need for the report, additional
stuff should be ignored. Moreover, non-essential stuff
should be optional, and if not present/parsed, don't
display".

--
Dimi.