project David?

Ge van Geldorp gvg at reactos.com
Thu Apr 22 18:20:39 CDT 2004

> From: Mike McCormack
>
> My guess is that they're going to try implement the NT Native API
> (system calls using INT 2F(?)) in the Linux kernel, then
> install Windows
> 2000 on top.  That would make them somewhat similar to Win4Lin.

I guess you'd need a Windows license then, and they say on the website:
"David offer the following advantages: Does not require a copy of
Microsoft Windows to run Windows Applications."

So, according to their website:
- They didn't license Windows technology from Microsoft
- They are not using native Windows components
- They will build this David thing in 6 - 8 weeks

I'd say good luck.... If anyone wants to invest in this I also have a
nice piece of Moon for sale, with a good view of the Earth.

Ge van Geldorp.