Winetest: outstanding issues (SERVING)

Brian Vincent vinn at theshell.com
Fri Apr 23 16:40:51 CDT 2004

As it was written in the Book of "Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com>:
> What we need to support:
>   -- multiple publishers
>   -- multiple files for the same build for each publisher
>   -- various distribution policies

Okay, this is mostly done.  Please note the following changes that
must be done in the publishing mechanism:

1) Add a publisher parameter with your name, such as:

   http://test.winehq.com/service?publish=winetest&url=http://my.url/winetest.zip&publisher=paul

   Possible choices for publisher: "kevin", "paul", "chris", case sensitive

2) If you stick an exe in a zip file, it must have the same filename as the
.zip, just with an exe extension.  So,

   winetest-20040423-0859-blah.zip must contain winetest-20040423-0859-blah.exe

> We can have different distribution policies: pick
> a random file, send all files, etc. Given that we
> have few published files, and tests are short, I
> suggest we send them all. So what we have to do is
> to add a loop around most of the script generation:

I didn't add in a formal method for doing this, but what we have right
now is pretty much two different scenarios:

1) winrash client has never downloaded a test.
   - so we send them every winetest we have

2) winrash client has downloaded a winetest
   - we send them only the most current test we know of, then tell them
     to come back in an hour and check for a new one.

I think this will be sufficient for quite a while.

-Brian "Who's getting ready to go on vacation and won't be around." Vincent