abnt2 keyboard patch

Mauro Carvalho Chehab mchehab at brturbo.com
Sat Apr 24 04:38:00 CDT 2004

Rafael,

        With your patch, the '\' key on the main keyboard will stop to work on the ABNT2 Keyboard, at least on the ABNT2 keyboards I've tested (some low valued keyboards and also Compaq keyboard). On ABNT2 keyboards, before the 'z' key there is the '\' key and the layout has to reflect that. That was the situation before 200303xx version. That changes was required in order to support that key. Had you tested it? If it works on your keyboard, may be you has some ABNT2 variant.
        I think it would be better to find another solution for the numeric keyboard that doesn't break the main keyboard.

Mauro Chehab