RFH: winetest testing

Eric Pouech pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Mon Apr 26 13:43:25 CDT 2004

Ferenc Wagner a écrit :
> Eric Pouech <pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr> writes:
>

>>>The second part, yes.  But winetest must have been made
>>>into a console app, so it pops up a console when it
>>>starts.
>>
>>why do you need a console?
>

> Er, I don't know.  Winetest itself doesn't really need it,
> but WinRash (the service) couldn't execute it otherwise.
so you mean, that the service (winrash) couldn't start winetest if it
isn't a cui application (from the PE image point of view) ?, or do you
mean that winrash wouldn't start winetest if winetest isn't attached to
a console ?

 > We
> don't understand this.  Apart from this, winetest has
> console mode, when it doesn't display a gui but logs into
> its console.  I couldn't find a way to presen gui or
> console mode based on a command line option (I asked on
> Win32 programmers' forum, the only solution was XP only.)
why do you mean by that ?

>>either you don't care about the output to the console, or
>>you do care but you've already redirected the output to a
>>log file so, passing DETACHED_PROCESS in CreateProcess
>>(winetest/main.c) would be a good thing IMO
>
> The individual tests started by winetest don't pop up
> additional consoles, and their output is redirected.  When
> started from the service, winetest doesn't pop one up
> either (of course).  If you can think of a better solution,
> I'm all ears.
as I said, we would be better of, if winetest would create the process
for the tests with the DETACHED_PROCESS flag. As you redirect output
from child to parent, you don't care about stdout/stderr going to the
console itself, and tests actually requiring a console care about
creating it, so you should be all set

A+