Fwd: Re:SpecOpS Labs

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Mon Apr 26 23:14:17 CDT 2004

Hi everyone,

May I make a small suggestion? I think we should really reserve
judgement until we see something. While such projects are, indeed, often
smoke and broken mirrors, occasionally you get a good technical team
that is hidden behind a clueless PR front. Let's wait and see - so long
as they havn't released, they can claim whatever they like.

Tim Hentenaar wrote:

>In thier autogenerated response email, they say that they intend to comply with the LGPL, so my biggest question is, when are they going to release thier supposedly LGPL'd code? :P I'd bet there is a lot of Wine code in there, otherwise why would they write:

The LGPL only requires them to provide the sources of what they
distribute, and only to those they distribute to. In other words, as
they have not handed out any CDs with the code just yet, they are not
required to give anyone anything.

I repeat - let's just wait and see.

--
Shachar Shemesh