RFH: winetest testing

Chris Morgan cmorgan at alum.wpi.edu
Tue Apr 27 19:57:28 CDT 2004

On Monday 26 April 2004 7:11 pm, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
> Eric Pouech <pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr> writes:
> > Ferenc Wagner a écrit :

> >> Er, I don't know.  Winetest itself doesn't really need it,
> >> but WinRash (the service) couldn't execute it otherwise.
> >
> > so you mean, that the service (winrash) couldn't start
> > winetest if it isn't a cui application (from the PE image
> > point of view) ?, or do you mean that winrash wouldn't
> > start winetest if winetest isn't attached to a console ?
>
> The first.  Never tried the second, though.  It doesn't
> really matter, since -- if I understand it right -- winetest
> can't popup its console (like any CUI app) when started by
> the service (Chris, is this really the case?), but the
> subtests it runs can!  However, recently they are started
> with hidden windows and that seems to be enough.

When I was trying to run the winetests in gui mode they simply wouldn't run.
Winetest would start but wouldn't spawn any of the subtests.  Ferenc's
winetest build with console windows worked much better.  I don't have any
idea why this might occur, maybe because child processes of services can't
popup windows?

Chris