RFH: winetest testing

Eric Pouech pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Wed Apr 28 13:57:39 CDT 2004

> The output redirection didn't work from a GUI app: the libc
> streams weren't initialized and thus the output disappeared.
> Wouldn't DETACHED_PROCESS result the same?  It's not crucial
> for winetest itself, but making it a console app helped
> debugging tremendously.
I think the stream (handle) point of view worked, but somehow msvcrt
doesn't initialize stdin/err/out when the app is in GUI mode. It may
work if the app would close 0,1,2 and reopen them on standard handles

> In short, I've got the impression that things are working
> out now (by using some black magic -- ie. winetest being a
> CUI -- which I don't understand), so maybe we could simply
> leave it for now.  Or do I miss serious issues?
the only point is that we don't have a consistent basis across platforms
were we start the tests from:
- all tests programs are CUI exec
- but, we don't know if it's attached to a console or not
- if attached to a console, we don't know whether other processes are
outputting to the same console (which could impact the tests...)
- ...

A+