Conversion between Clipboard Formats

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Thu Apr 29 05:57:30 CDT 2004

"Santosh Siddheshwar" <santosh.s at sonata-software.com> wrote:

>   Does WINE support automatic type conversion between certain kinds of
> clipboard formats? For e.g. between CF_TEXT and
> CF_UNICODETEXT and similar types of conversions?

Yes, it does. However support not for all synthesized formats
has been implemented at the moment, and some recent clipboard
changes have broken some clipboard functionality, so the clipboard
test I wrote for crossover doesn't pass anymore on current Wine
CVS. I'll try to fix the failures and send the patch to wine-patches
at some point.

See dlls/x11drv/clipboard.c,X11DRV_CLIPBOARD_RenderSynthesizedFormat()
for details.

--
Dmitry.