downloading binaries

Bill Medland billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
Fri Apr 30 14:03:12 CDT 2004

On April 30, 2004 11:19 am, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Apr 2004, Bill Medland wrote:
> > Am I being some sort of an idiot?  I can't download binaries.  Is it
> > something I am doing, my network or have they messed things up?
> >
> > I am trying to download a RedHat 8.0 binary package from SourceForge
> > I select the one I want
> > It redirects to the page asking which mirror I want.
> > It just sits there.
>
> Yes, you have to actually click on the mirror you want
> to use to proceeed.

(Not that I can replicate it since now the screen has changed but)

"Click" on what!!  I had aleron set up as my default.  I could click on any of
the radio buttons and click on the "Set as Default" button but I still
couldn't actually download anything.

Anyway it seems to be fixed now; I guess the main problem was that all the
mirrors were busy.

Thanks for taking the time to answer, Dimi
--
Bill Medland
mailto:billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
http://webhome.idirect.com/~kbmed