wine debugger

Chipzz chipzz at ULYSSIS.Org
Sun Aug 1 10:10:42 CDT 2004

Hi all,

for some reason, the wine debugger just doesn't seem to work for me.

wine: Unhandled exception (thread 000f), starting debugger...
fixme:console:SetConsoleCtrlHandler (0x405ae990,1) - no error checking or testing yet
WineDbg starting on pid 0xe
In 32 bit mode.
=>1 0x40107b08 __read+0x28 in (0x40032c54)
  2 0x401cc022
Exception c0000005

The backtrace it shows appears to be from the debugger itself, not from
the program? Or am I wrong in assuming this? I am getting this same
backtrace for each and every program...
Also, the ctrl-c key doesn't work as advertised (just does nothing).

Wine is wine cvs from 07/31, gdb is 6.1-3 from debian unstable.

Anyone got some pointers?

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                 UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny
                           Chipzz at ULYSSIS.Org
"Baldric, you wouldn't recognize a subtle plan if it painted itself pur-
 ple and danced naked on a harpsicord singing 'subtle plans are here a-