list view completely mangled in WINE

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Mon Aug 2 20:37:31 CDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 03:17:27AM +0200, Filip Navara wrote:
> I did another test. I intserted a code into the ListView window
> procedure to print a message every time the internal dwStyle member
> doesn't match the one returned by GetWindowLong with GWL_STYLE. To my
> little surprise they were different right from the beginning (even for
> WM_CREATE message). The one returned by GetWindowLong didn't contain the
> listview specific flags,

If so, how did the listview work at all until now?!?

> WS_VSCROLL/WS_HSCROLL sometimes didn't match
> (as I explained why) and for the WS_CREATE message the WS_VISIBLE flag
> was different. I searched my local MSDN copy in order to find why this
> happens and the only relevant article I found is this:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q83366. The

Good stuff, maybe we should link to it from WineHQ

> "SUMMARY" part of the article sort of explains why this happens (at
> least according to my understanding) and so I think the patch is OK. Do
> you agree?

Almost. If it does go in though, we need to:
  -- fix a few more places where we look at WS_[VH]SCROLL
  -- understand why did the listview work at all if the LVS_ stuff was missing
  -- do an audit (or add a Janitorial task) to audit and fix the
     other controls as well.

(of course, only the 1st point is really needed for the patch to go in,
 but the other two would be nice to have).

--
Dimi.