dosmem: MCB implementation

markus.amsler at oribi.org markus.amsler at oribi.org
Tue Aug 3 14:23:12 CDT 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to run freecom[1] of the freedos project in wineconsole.
After changing comspec in user.reg and some ugly hacks to kernel/dosmem.c it
runs (dosmem_paragraph.patch). But it will never run cleanly without proper MCB
support (it does its own MCB-chain walking, like a lot of other programms).

I tried to implement it (dos_mcb.patch also ugly), and now i have some design
questions:
  - where to implement MCB's? kernel or winedos?
    (the PSP from winedos is needed to write the MCB and the first MCB is needed
in winedos DOS_LOL[2])
  - how to get rid of the separtion hack of DOSMEM[3]
  - what about the use of DOSMEM in global16.c, do they need also MCB's (found
no docu about the GA_DOSMEM flag)

Markus

[1] http://freedos.sourceforge.net/freecom/FreeCOM.html
[2] http://source.winehq.org/source/dlls/winedos/devices.c#L478