DOOM 3 misses some opengl32 wgl* and Cg functions

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Fri Aug 6 16:58:07 CDT 2004

> Couldn't find proc address for: wglSwapIntervalEXT

I do not know any equivalent GLX extension for this.

> Couldn't find proc address for: wglGetPixelFormatAttribivARB
> Couldn't find proc address for: wglGetPixelFormatAttribfvARB
> Couldn't find proc address for: wglChoosePixelFormatARB
> Couldn't find proc address for: wglCreatePbufferARB
> Couldn't find proc address for: wglGetPbufferDCARB
> Couldn't find proc address for: wglReleasePbufferDCARB
> Couldn't find proc address for: wglDestroyPbufferARB
> Couldn't find proc address for: wglQueryPbufferARB
> Couldn't find proc address for: wglSetPbufferAttribARB

This is part of one of my 'todo' project: adding support for PBuffers in the
WineHQ tree (I once started to study both the GLX and WGL extension set to
see how it could be done). Now that I know one 'high profile' application
that needs them, maybe it will motivate me more :-)

> Couldn't find proc address for: wglBindTexImageARB
> Couldn't find proc address for: wglReleaseTexImageARB

Would need to study what these are for and if there is an equivalent GLX
extension.

> GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two not found

What kind of NVIDIA card do you have ? Wine should report all extensions
reported by the Linux card to the Windows application.

This means that if your card supports NP2 textures in Linux it should also
in Windows.

An output of the 'glxinfo' would be nice (see below).

> GL_ATI_fragment_shader not found	(this is expected, I have a nvidia card)
> Cg not available.

I would need to study if 'native' Cg works in Wine.

> Almost all computer terminals in the game show static black & white noise
> (instead of some animated computer screen image).

I suppose this is where NP2 textures are used. No idea why the fallback dose
not work.

> I suspect, that this has something to do with the missing 'Cg' support in
> Wine (DOOM3 cannot find cg.dll & cgGL.dll).

Did you try to install the native versions using Wine (I have no idea how
NVIDIA packages the Cg libraries though) ?

Anyway, it would be nice to have a Bugzilla bug-report to track this (at
least as long as the demo is not out so that I could debug it myself :-) ).

What would be needed is the output of 'glxinfo' as said before and a +opengl
log of the application (the terminal problem will be hard to track this way
though).

        Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/