DOOM 3 misses some opengl32 wgl* and Cg functions

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Sat Aug 7 05:52:42 CDT 2004

Ove Kaaven wrote:

>>BTW, DOOM 3 crashes at program start in Cedega, you made it better!
>>

>here's a howto from someone who did make it start with Cedega CVS:
>
>http://www.linux-militia.net/howtos/doom3/doom3.html
>
>Since there's some level of pbuffer support in Cedega, it might provide
>better graphics.

http://linux.israel.net/linuxgames/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=55

Translated into English:
War games: Yes, it's true, Wine can run the new DOOM3

Several days ago I installed Mandrake 9.2 and was very impressed with
Wine. This little program really does wonders. So i said to myself "it
can run small Windows apps, but there is no way it can run Doom 3".

I did this:
cd /mnt/win_f/Doom3
and wrote "wine Doom3.exe", and what did my eyes see?

Yes, it is Doom3 running on my computer!!! And with pretty nice graphics
Linux should not be ashamed of, to boost! Only one little detail - the
in games movies won't work. It probably has something to do with
Windows' Direct X.

So there you have it. I hope that it will work for you as it has for me!!!!

There is also a screen shot there.

So, if you want me to relay any questions to the user regarding how he
did it? :-)

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting ltd.