msvideo 16bit codec question

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Sat Aug 7 07:10:08 CDT 2004

Hey Mike,

I've been trying to make Maxis Marble Drop work in my non-connected
spare time in the evenings, and the intro video doesn't render right.
Examination of the code revealed that it had been patched to output
pixel blocks in the right direction for the 8 bit decoder but the 16 bit
decoder hadn't been modified.

So, I copied across the changes to the 16 bit decoder as well,
unfortunately it doesn't work. Something is going wrong, and the codec
trashes the heap arena, so I'm guessing there's something in the maths
that is different for 16 bit videos than 8 bit. Got any ideas?

thanks -mike