Add debugstr_rect alias for consistency with other debugging functions.

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Sun Aug 8 18:50:12 CDT 2004

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

> Apart for much cleaner code, it's also useful, as I can see many
> people do:
> #ifdef WINE
> #    define ERR WINE_ERR
> #    define TRACE WINE_TRACE
> #else
> #    define ERR printf
> #    define TRACE printf
> #endif
>
> I have a sentimental attachment to the Wine's debugging API, as it was
> the first project that I undertook in Wine. It was what "hooked" me in.
> This may be a small issue, and probably I shouldn't care, but I can't
> help it. I truely think requiring the WINE_/wine_ prefix inside of Wine
> for commonly used symbols in the debugging API is not a good direction,
> and I really hope we can revisit this decision.

I agree for the ERR etc. macros, but I don't think the debugstr
functions are the same issue at all. You can't really #define them to
something else anyway, you need to link with libwine to make them
available. So I think it makes much more sense to keep the wine_
prefix for them, so that usage is consistent between Wine and Winelib
code.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org