Winelib under Solaris/SPARC

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com
Mon Aug 9 09:05:46 CDT 2004

> I tried adding wine_pthread_get_current_teb to libs/wine/wine.def and
> libs/wine/wine.map, but this caused the resulting binaries to
> dereference a bad address in NtCurrentTeb.

wine_pthread_* functions are supposed to be defined in the
wine-pthread/wine-kthread binaries. The DSOs then have their symbols
resolved to the executable at runtime. I don't know why this isn't
working for you but it's almost certainly related to using
Solaris/SPARC. You'd have greater success running Linux I suspect, if
it's just a UNIXish environment you're after .... though I'm not sure
developing Windows software using Wine is a good plan anyway, you'd end
up spending time fixing Wine bugs as well as writing your prorgams :)

thanks -mike