config converting problem

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com
Wed Aug 11 08:08:55 CDT 2004

> Don't forget that My Documents is on c: by default.

Hmm, that's true. That should definitely be fixed. I don't even think we
map the home directory in wineprefixcreate by default, do we? I think
Marcus' patch adds that.

> Also, reinstalling all apps just because you upgraded Wine seems a bit
> overkill, no?

Well, yeah, but over time I think it becomes necessary as the contents
of the initial registry/config file change etc ... it's hard to know
exactly what you need to do so reinstalling is the easiest way.

It sucks, I agree.