config converting problem

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Wed Aug 11 10:40:44 CDT 2004

> wine-devel is one of these annoying old-skool lists
> which don't rewrite Reply-To, but that rant is something for another time :)

Which is exactly how it should be configured :-)

> > Wouldn't it just make more sense to *separate the config files from the
> > (wine) system files*?? Why in the heck is fake_windows in the ./wine
> > directory anyway???
>
> Good question. I suspect the answer is "because it's always been there" :)

Well, on my box, it's not the case: the fake Windows directory is certainly
not in the .wine directory. This seems to be a 'bug' in either the Wine
packages or the install script (which I never used :-) ).

On the other hand, the registry is, so even if you keep the programs and the
documents, you will loose the registry.

        Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/