Adventures in serial port.

Scott Snell ssnell at austechinfo.com.au
Mon Aug 16 03:43:45 CDT 2004

Hi All,

I have been trying for several weeks to transfer our product to linux using
wine.  I am so close it hurts!   The only issue has been the serial ports.
Threads, sockets, and timers appear to be working as advertised (an
impressive feat of wine as it is!).   However the serial port has failed me.
I have used versions 20040716 and 20040505 both as RPM's and source code
(with various patches applied to the source).  The major issue is
reliability. I can successfully get test programs to echo back a character