[Wine]faking network shares

Fergal Daly fergal at esatclear.ie
Mon Aug 16 11:24:50 CDT 2004

Perhaps someone could add this to

"The dosdevices Directory"

Windows shares can are mapped into the <TT CLASS="FILENAME">unc/</TT>
directory so anything trying to access <TT
CLASS="FILENAME">\\machinename\some\dir\and\file</TT> will look in <TT
For example, if you used Samba to mount <TT
CLASS="FILENAME">\\machinename\some</TT> on <TT
CLASS="FILENAME">/mnt/smb/machinename/some</TT> then you can do

CLASS="PROGRAMLISTING">ln -s /mnt/smb/machinename/some unc/machinename/some</PRE>

to make it available in wine (don't forget to create the unc directory if it
doesn't alrady exist).