Forcing 32 bit mode in configure

Izak Burger izakb at synapp.com
Tue Aug 17 01:56:42 CDT 2004

I seem to recall that at least on the later Debian's the compiler is
bi-arch and you can tell it what kind of code to generate.  There was a
howto somewhere about how to compile a 64-bit Linux kernel on AMD64, and
I also seem to recall -m32, but that only really influences the size of
ints, longs and pointers, which I believe is the real issue here.