Menu problem: top menu drawn ok, pulldowns miss text

michael at cherryblossom.homelinux.com michael at cherryblossom.homelinux.com
Tue Aug 17 21:56:12 CDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 07:02:48PM +0200, Tobias Burnus wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a strange problem with the Cambridge Advanced Learner's
> Dictionary. It, finally?, starts up but (besides other problems) there
> is a glitch in the menu. The menu bar looks ok, the dropdown menus work,
> but the items are empty. The (single?) submenu works again.
>
> See http://www.physik.fu-berlin.de/~tburnus/wine/cald2.png
>
> Has anyone an ad-hoc idea or knows which are the best debugging flags?
> Even with the default setting I get hundreds of such lines:
>   fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDrawClipper_SetClipList
> (0x40410e80,0x4067ea8c,0),stub!
> Thus I want to do a wise choise for the menus.

If memory serves me right, stubs are incomplete pieces of code that need
to be fixed/written/updated, hense the fixme notice -- maybe you want to
look into trying to code this from a recent CVS and submitting a patch
somehow?  I'm new to wine-devel though, so I'm not sure.  Maybe the
others can help better?

> (At the startup, it comes up with an open File menu and the menu item
> "Menu 1" to "Menu 7" which closes after a few seconds by itself:
> http://www.physik.fu-berlin.de/~tburnus/wine/cald3.png)
>
> Regards,
>
> Tobias

[snip]