Interesting bug

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Aug 18 00:59:17 CDT 2004

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Mike Hearn wrote:
[...]
> So...
>
> Save for Web works with:
> wine "c:\program files\adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Photoshop.exe"
>
> Save for Web WILL NOT work with:
> wine "c:/program files/adobe/Photoshop 7.0/Photoshop.exe"
[...]
> I don't have Photoshop here, but perhaps we should ensure that argv[0]
> and equivalents always use backslashes?

Remember that forward slashes are valid path separators on Windows. So
we should first check whether the same problem happens on Windows,
either by starting it that way on the command line or, even better
(because cmd.exe might hack the command line before passing it to the
system), from a CreateProcess call.

                          "Utilisateur" (nom commun) :
       Mot utilis\xE9 par les informaticiens en lieu et place d'"idiot".