winetest can't parse subtest for msvcrt(d)

Ferenc Wagner wferi at afavant.elte.hu
Wed Aug 18 10:19:13 CDT 2004

Saulius Krasuckas <saulius2 at ar.fi.lt> writes:

> I think that's due to some additional \r\n-s in the output
> of "msvcrt_test.exe.so".

Actually, not quite.  The problem is that msvcrt's output
functions aren't redirected by libc's filehandle operations,
so winetest doesn't get the output (it gets printed to the
screen instead).  Yeah, it's annoying, but doesn't hurt the
meant functionality of winetest, which shouldn't be run
under Wine for anything but testing purposes.  The native
(Windows) run doesn't show this problem, since there we use
msvcrt functions exclusively.  Still it would be nice to
fix, but the proper way would be to fix Wine, and that's not
entirely trivial as Alexandre commented.
--
Cheers,
Feri.