winetest can't parse subtest for msvcrt(d)

Ferenc Wagner wferi at afavant.elte.hu
Wed Aug 18 11:15:22 CDT 2004

Saulius Krasuckas <saulius2 at ar.fi.lt> writes:

> On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
>> Saulius Krasuckas <saulius2 at ar.fi.lt> writes:
>>> I think that's due to some additional \r\n-s in the output
>>> of "msvcrt_test.exe.so".
>>
>> Actually, not quite.  The problem is that msvcrt's output
>> functions aren't redirected by libc's filehandle operations,
>> so winetest doesn't get the output (it gets printed to the
>> screen instead).
>
> Oh.. :-/
>
>> Yeah, it's annoying, but doesn't hurt the meant functionality of
>> winetest, which shouldn't be run under Wine for anything but testing
>> purposes.  The native (Windows) run doesn't show this problem, since
>> there we use msvcrt functions exclusively.  Still it would be nice to
>> fix, but the proper way would be to fix Wine, and that's not entirely
>> trivial as Alexandre commented.
>
> Can you provide a link to the post or maybe some keywords to find it using
> google?  Thanks.

Try this for example:

http://search.gmane.org/search.php?query=redirect+winetest&email=&group=gmane.comp.emulators.wine.devel&sort=date

If you can't help feeling like hacking on winetest, I can
send you my todo list, too... :)  Or maybe I should put it
into the source so that innocent bycomers can see it...
--
Cheers,
Feri.