gethostbyname on local host returns for address

Juan Lang juan_lang at
Thu Aug 19 12:46:49 CDT 2004

--- Robert Reif <reif at> wrote:
> It's gethostbyname that has the problem.

Oops, you're right, I didn't read your code that
closely.  What I said earlier is still appropriate
though:  you can call something in iphlpapi, like
GetAdaptersInfo, or perhaps GetIpAddrTable.  You could
also use WSAIoctl.  Take a look at
dlls/winsock/socket.c; you'd want to modify
WS_gethostbyname, and it already calls GetAdaptersInfo
to implement WSAIoctl.

Do you have an app that depends on this, or are you
just trying to get the network interface addresses?

Do you Yahoo!?