MS Visio 2000 not working with wine.
twickline at sitestar.net
Sat Aug 21 14:34:09 CDT 2004
James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> Tom wrote:
>> James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
>>> Has anyone got MS Visio 2000 working with wine?
> I am using the current cvs of wine. Without any Windows OS already
> I attach a debug trace of trying to install Visio2000.
> wine Visio2000.EXE
> Can anyone give me advice on how to diagnose this further?
Well it will install and run but your going to have to put some
work into it :)
I just installed it again in a clean .wine and this is what I did.
1) install dcom98
2) install native windows installer
3) install IE 6.0
4) remove conflicting dll's from IE 6 install that halts the Visio update.
5) install a couple native dlls so the installer will run
6) install visio
7) replace dlls that I removed from IE 6 install
8) tweak the config a little
9) run Visio
A proof shot that it works with wine :-)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 91683 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/attachments/20040821/2a53af52/2004_08_21_135941_shot.jpg
More information about the wine-devel